Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Busyness

Man the last couple weeks have been real busy. So much has happened since my last post. Some good and some bad have happened. So here we go.

First we finished the youth room and it looks great. We've got the front of a VW bus on the stage. We've got street signs all over the walls and it just looks amazing. We also had our first youth event about a week and a half ago. We went to "Rock The Universe." Only really got to see two bands and those were Casting Crowns and my favorite Toby Mac. Toby Mac's concert was awesome. At first I was a little disappointed but after he performed his new song "City on our Knees" and "Jesus Freak" the whole show turned out great. After the Casting Crowns concert our group went over where the band members exited the stage. We all got Mark Hall's autograph and Hamee hugged three of the band members. While we were there I had a youth leaders wrist band that let me get express pass for all the rides and access to the youth leader lounges. Unfortunately I got stuck with students the whole time except for the last two hours that the park was opened. Overall the whole trip was great and I can't wait till next year.

Then the Following Wednesday we launched our youth group. We had about twenty-five kids show up and about eight youth leaders. Now that we've got it started its up to the students to grow it into something big. Can't wait for tomorrows youth group.

The bad news over the past couple weeks is that my grandfather from my dad's side passed away. But its not all bad news because I know I'll see him in heaven again. So please just pray for my family this week as we have the funeral.

So that's been my life for the past couple weeks. Some good things have happened along with some bad things. Until next time see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment