Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Memories of 2008

In the beginning of 08 I wasn't quite sure what quite to expect for the year. Because I just left a church that I was attending for a couple of months. I had a job that I didn't know how many hours a week I was going to get. I was a junior in high school and I needed to start looking toward my future and what I was going to do for the rest of my life. And just the basic problems of a teenage guys life.


Feather sound-First in about January my best friend took me to a new church. I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this new church because I've been to several churches over the years from my family moving a lot. After getting to know some of the students and getting to know JJ, Beth and their kids I really began to like Feather Sound a lot. Unfortunately I missed the winter retreat last year, and for the rest of the year I vowed never to miss another youth group event at all cost. I think I did pretty well with that by going to Winter Jam, all the concerts, the Philly missions trip, camp, etc. The first youth group event I did with pipeline was Winter Jam. That was a blast and I think what really got me to like this group a lot. Also the fact that kids in the group aren't separated into a bunch of different cliques. Another thing I liked about the group was that after church on Sundays they would all go out to lunch together instead of just going home after church. The first major event my sister and I did with the youth group was our missions trip up to Philadelphia. On that trip we had problems on the road trip up, we feed the homeless, helped out at boys and girls club, and quite a few other things. On that trip my sister and I really got plugged in with the group. During the summer our youth group held their own camp with two other churches which I thought was neat because they made it affordable to go. Also it was only the second camp I ever been to. I'll never forget camp or project Philly for the rest of my life. The rest of the year we went to every event I can think of. The one person that I would have to thank most of all for introducing me to this amazing youth group would have to be my best friend Jerry, because if he didn't bring me to feather Sound who knows where I would be.


My Job-In the fall of 2007 I got a job at West Marine. My job was pretty good to me until we got into the summer/fall of 2008. Since during this time the economy went down the tubes so did my hours. In the beginning of the year I could have had anywhere from about ten to twenty hours a week. And about three to four months ago my work had stop giving me hours altogether. They even stop giving hours to the guy that helped me get the job. Plus they cut hours to everyone in the store. So right now I'm looking for a job or hoping in the spring West Marine increases the amount of hours our store gets. However a funny thing about my job is that someone from youth group thought it was like a army surplus store for marines.


My Future-I don't really know what my future has enstore for me but I got a couple of ideas during the year but none really are calling my name. I guess God just doesn't want me to know that path right now. Right now I'm just going to enjoy 2009 and try and plan for college.


People I'd Like to Thank-First I would just like to thank my parents for being there for me and supporting me in all the things I do. I'd like to thank my best friend Jerry for being my best friend and introducing me to the Feather Sound youth group.I'd like to thank JJ for letting me be his ride along buddy on Wed. Also for being my youth pastor and pushing me to get more involved in church, because I know I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for him. I'd like to thank Beth for helping to crack me out of my shell and putting up with me through out the year. And I would like to thank the entire youth group for accepting my sister and I with open arms.


The Conclusion of 08-This year was a great year for me to grow closer to God. It was just an exciting year for me with all the different things I did. I hope in 2009 God has even greater things planed for my life.

2 comments:

  1. wow, man...that's all i can say is wow.

    and why didn't i find out about this blog until now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started following you about two weeks ago, so I thought you would have noticed

    ReplyDelete